The Dr. LED Story
With their extensive background in aerospace and being avid boaters themselves, the engineers at Dr. LED provide the perfect mix of experience and enthusiasm to develop high-tech, durable, and energy efficient LED lighting products specially designed for the marine environment.
Their use of cutting-edge designs using the highest quality components (yes, there is a difference) and thorough testing of each individual product before it leaves the factory, ensures that each Dr. LED product will provide the performance and durability that you expect.
The Dr. LED Advantage:
- US-based engineering - designed in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Extensive background in aerospace.
- Truly innovative marine quality LED products.
- US patents awarded.
- High-quality components and designs.
- Each and every product tested for 2 hours at the factory.
- Specified by the US Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and the US Government.
- First and only aftermarket 2NM LED bulbs for navigation lights.
- 2005 First to use regulated LED bulbs in the marine market.
- 2006 First and only one to obtain USCG COLREG 1972 ABYC 2NM certified LED aftermarket replacement bulbs for navigation lights.
- 2007 First to use US CREE high-power LEDs in the marine market.
- 2007 First to use warm white LED bulbs in the marine market.
- 2008 First to provide a single high-power bi-color LED chart light for the marine market.
- 2010 The US Navy & USAF specifies the use of Dr. LED’s lights in their boats and specified by the US Federal Government with National Stock Numbers.
- 2006-2015 First to develop true 1-to-1 LED replacements for 2NM LED bulbs for navigation and interior lights (BA15, festoon S8.5, BA9S, wedge bases etc.).
- 2016-2017 Developed 1-to-1 28-31mm and 36-44mm festoon LED replacements.
- 2018 Developed 1-to-1 12/24V waterproof G4 LED replacement.
- 2019 Developed 1-to-1 120/240V 5NM P28S LED replacement.
- 2019 Developed 120/240V UL 1598A Marine Vessel LED Lights.
- 2020 Developed 120/240V UL listed marine high pressure sodium light LED replacement.